// Who is this course for?
Previous makeup experience is essential for this advanced course. Students must have completed our beginners courses or be a hair and makeup artist currently in order to achieve their full potential in this creative course.
// What will I learn during this course?
This course is invaluable for any makeup artist wanting to work in the fashion, TV or Film industry. Knowing sub-cultural references and understanding trends past and present is an absolute key for anyone who wants to succeed in the industry. Students will learn how to create a flawless skin, defined features, arched brow, luscious lips and precision liner with this course. Travel back in time to create the perfect look for each era. Push all your previous knowledge to the test to create these outstanding period images and styling.
This course includes:
- 18th Century – Marie Antoinette
- 16th Century – Elizabeth I
- 20th Century look
- 1920’s / 1930’s – Flapper girl / Hollywood glamour
- 1940’s / 1950’s – Pin up master class
- 1960’s / 1970’s – Twiggy / hippy-chic
- 1980’s / 1990’s – Neon
- Health and safety
- Product selection
- Hair parting and sectioning
- Different pin usage and techniques
- Elements of hair styles including – retro waves, rolls and pin curls
- Setting the hair – The secrets to long-lasting hold.
- Small classes to ensure extra attention to detail
- LMS certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
// What can I do with this course?
The London Makeup School certificate allows students to apply the specialist techniques of Vintage, Retro and Period Hair and Makeup onto clients for work on films/TV, publications and photo shoots.
// What courses can I progress onto?
After this course students can explore other areas of makeup such as Fashion and Photographic Makeup, Full Theatrical Makeup Course, Advanced Professional Makeup, Bridal Hair and Makeup, or extend their skills into courses such as our Professional Hair Styling course.