The French word Avant Garde refers to people, things or works that are experimental or innovative. This course has been designed to take Avant Garde hair styling and makeup artistry beyond its limits. The London Makeup School has carried out in depth research into the industry and firmly believes that this course is the most comprehensive and creative course available today, giving the spectacular Avant Garde genre the spotlight it deserves.
// Who is this course for?
The Avant Garde Hair and Makeup course has been specially developed as an advanced hair and makeup course for current professional makeup artists and session stylists or those that have completed our Beginners Professional Makeup course and Professional Hair Styling or another Training Academy equivalent who are ready to take their artistry to the next level.
// What will I learn during this course?
This course will push students to go beyond the “norm” and status quo. Students will think outside the box, drawing on inspiration from culture, arts and media. The course encourages students to be inventive and radical with their thoughts and design process, and gives them the practical skills to bring their ideas to life.
This course includes – Makeup:
- Research and designing different make-up looks.
- Learn how to use all different make-up (pigments, super colour, aqua colour)
- Learn how to use different materials (feather, beads, stones, paper)
- Learn how to be creative in terms of using colours and materials
- How to create looks with a professional finish.
This course includes – Hair:
- Research and designing hair styles from idea, to concept, students will gather inspiration from media, books and the in depth knowledge of London Makeup School experts to begin drafting their visualised looks.
- Understand and learn how to create different styles using different materials, by using a mixture of craft, household and specialist materials. Students will begin the creative process of making individual pieces for their Avant Garde design.
- Create different textures with straighteners, tongs, rollers, blow dryers.
- Working with different styles of hair pieces to create structure and shapes.
- Working with coloured hair pieces and using coloured hair sprays.
- Learn how to create hair pieces.
- Students will be allowed to keep certain designs
- Preparation of hair for use under wigs and hair pieces.
- Industry tips and tricks for long lasting hold and definition.
- Different hair styles for editorial, fashion, beauty and catwalk
- LMS Certificate awarded upon completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
// What can I do with this course?
Students will be able to work within the industry and cater to clients who require extreme hair and makeup, editorial and fashion looks.
// What courses can I progress onto?
Students can expand their skills further by exploring other areas of hair and makeup such as our Beginners Hair Cutting course, Fashion and Photographic Makeup course, or Glamour Makeup course.