// What will I learn during this course?
The key skills learnt in this course will help students to have success in the industry and as well as inspiring them to move forward and discover other areas of makeup artistry.
The course content includes:
- Health, hygiene, safety, sanitising tools and equipment
- Preparation of client and products
- Getting started as a makeup artist
- The role of the makeup professional
- Building a professional makeup kit
- Understanding basic lighting
- Basic facial anatomy
- Colour theory
- Professional products, brushes, tools and equipment
- The art of perfect skin and skincare
- Highlighting and contouring
- Eyebrow definition and grooming
- Understanding different eye-shapes
- Eye makeup; eyeshadows, eyeliners, mascaras
- False eyelash application
- Cheek/blush and colour application
- Working with pigments
- Precise lipstick application
- Colour mixing and experimentation
- Blending techniques
- Looks including; corrective, day, evening and special occasion
- Adapting techniques and colours for different skin tones
- Client aftercare
- Small classes to ensure you get that extra attention to detail
- London MakeUp School Certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
// What can I do with this course?
Graduates from this course can begin working on clients using their London MakeUp School certificate. This course focuses on beauty, corrective, day, evening and special occasion looks which can then be applied to clients in the working environment.
// What courses can I progress onto?
Students can develop their skills further and specialise any area of makeup by completing our intermediate or advanced courses such as Fashion and Photographic Makeup, Full Theatrical Makeup Course, Glamour Makeup, Vintage/Retro/Period Hair and Makeup, Advanced Professional Makeup or combine further courses within our London MakeUp School Bronze Makeup Artist Certificate, Silver Makeup Artist Certificate and Diamond Makeup Artist Certificate.