// Who is this course for?
Previous makeup experience is essential for this intermediate course. Students must have completed one of our beginners courses from The London Makeup School or another Training Academy or be a makeup artist currently in order to achieve their full potential in this creative course.
// What will I learn during this course?
Students will learn creative and distinctive looks for catalogues / look books, editorial, high fashion publications and runway.
This course includes:
- Tools and hygiene
- Exploring the unique environment of catwalk shows and photographic shoots
- Understanding lighting and how it affects make up application
- Skin analysis of different skin tones and face shapes
- Makeup application techniques including foundation, concealer, corrector, powdering, highlighting, contouring
- Creative makeup looks for high fashion editorial
- Specialist makeup for fashion and catwalk shows including strong colour, shapes and false eyelashes
- How to create inspired looks to fit catwalk show designs
- Quick fashion techniques for base application and blocking eye brows
- Gold and silver leaf application
- Use of studs, stencils, glitter and other accessories
- Makeup for black and white photography and commercial shooting
- Makeup looks from upcoming seasons
- Small classes to ensure extra attention to detail
- LMS certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
// What can I do with this course?
The London Makeup School certificate allows students to apply the specialist techniques of Fashion and Photographic Makeup for high fashion publications, fashion shows and photo shoots.
// What courses can I progress onto?
After this course students can explore other areas of makeup such as Theatrical/Special Effects/Media Hair and Makeup Course, Advanced Professional Makeup, Bridal Hair and Makeup, or extend their skills into courses such as our Professional Hair Styling course.