|Dates and Times:||Full Time – 5 Weeks (10.00am – 4.30pm)
Weeks 1 to 4 – Monday-Wednesday – 2 days home study Thursday – Friday
Week 5 – Monday-Friday Plus:
1 Day for Examinations
1 Day for Optional Professional Photoshoot
Part Time – 17 Saturday’s (10.00am – 4.30pm)
Evenings – 13 Weeks Monday and Wednesday (6.00pm – 9.30pm)
|Models:||We provide you with a wide range of real people as models throughout your course. This means you never spend your time being a model yourself for another student, increasing learning hours and gaining valuable client skills.|
// Who is this course for?
This ITEC Level 2 Fast Track Makeup Artist Course is a beginners intensive 5 week course for aspiring makeup artists. It includes both theory and practical work. This course provides students with a full qualification in makeup, recognised nationally and internationally.
If you are currently working as a makeup artist looking and looking to gain an internationally recognised qualification then please see our Fast Track Makeup Artist Course For Current Makeup Artists Course
// What will I learn during this course?
This Fast Track Makeup Artist Course will teach students everything they need to know to become a professional makeup artist. It also includes the London MakeUp School professional brush kit, industry discounts and textbooks.
This course is taught by qualified educators who incorporate theory work, special projects, demonstrations and hands-on workshops. Your tutor will guide you through the stages of the course and monitor your personal progress. All necessary equipment, tools and manuals are provided.
You will be assessed in both theory and practical areas throughout this course and during the theory and practical exam. Examinations are held at the school on a quarterly basis, giving you time to gain experience before sitting your exam. All students will practice on live models and the core text books needed for this course are provided.
Students are required to bring in a camera to take photos during this course as part of their portfolio of evidence for assessment purposes. Home study is required. Students must have access to a computer and printer at home for assignment purposes.
This course has a maximum of 6 students per class.
Students who enrol onto this course can apply for a MAC Pro Student Card which entitles them to a 15% discount on MAC products (valid for 6 months), Discount Card at Bobbi Brown (20%) and Discount Card at NARS (25%).
The course content includes the following units:
Application of Makeup
- Health, hygiene, safety, sanitising tools and equipment.
- Preparation of client and products
- Client consultation and recommendations
- Code of practice, ethics, insurance and professional association membership
- Environmental conditions for makeup
- Contraindications and contra-actions
- Building a professional makeup kit
- Professional products, tools and equipment
- Colour theory and the colour wheel
- Facial tone, structure, light, shade, highlighting, contouring, form and sculpting, functions, conditions and characteristics
- Analysis; skin types, structure, functions, condition, pigmentation and colour, texture, imperfections, tone, temperature, elasticity, UV damage, preparation, routine and radiance, face shapes, eye shapes, nose shapes, lip shapes, flaws and blemishes, skin tones, lighting, products
- Use of equipment; brushes, applicators, spatulas, sponges, and palettes
- Use of products; eye makeup remover, cleansing lotions, toners, moisturisers, serums, pre-base products, colour correction, foundations, concealers, face powders, bronzing, shade, highlighters, cheek/blush and colour application, eyebrow proportion definition and grooming, eye shadows, eyeliners, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, lip gloss, lip balm, false eyelashes including strip and individual
- Product mixing confidence
- Blending techniques
- Looks including: Corrective, Day, Evening, Bridal and Special Occasion
- Client aftercare
Health and Safety
- Health, safety and security practices
- Emergency procedures
Client Care and Communication
- Client consultation techniques
- Treatment identification
- Advice and recommendations
Working in the Makeup Industry
- Characteristics, information, services, occupational roles, education, training opportunities
- Marketing, finance, publicity and selling within the makeup industry
// What can I do after this course?
The ITEC (International Therapy Examination Council) Level 2 in Makeup is a UK qualification recognised internationally allowing students to work anywhere in the world.
It is a flexible qualification meaning students can work freelance, on makeup counters, for private clients, on photoshoots, and publications.
This course is also linked with the Complementary Therapists Association (CThA) for insurance purposes and support which allows students to work on clients straight after the course.
// Brush kit included with the course
The London MakeUp School brush kit has been carefully developed with our tutors to create a kit which includes all the brushes a makeup artist needs. More information on the kit.
// What courses can I progress onto?
Students can complete the Fast Track Makeup Artist Course advance their skills further by either completing individual specialist courses such as the Fashion and Photographic Makeup course, or complete the London MakeUp School Gold Makeup Artist Certificate, Platinum Makeup Artist Certificate and Diamond Makeup Artist Certificate.
Very Limited places now available, please book soon to avoid disappointment.
Select start date to book your course
Fast Track Makeup Artist Course (ITEC Level 2 Makeup Certificate)
“The London makeup school, has been a great experience for me. I recently completed the fast track makeup course ITEC Level 2. Every day I went home feeling like I’d learned so much. The models were lovely and professional and never once made me feel nervous, they was so encouraging. I loved that live models were provided throughout the course as this increased our learning time. My teacher Siema was amazing, so helpful & kind. I’m truly thankful to everything I have learned along my journey. The school itself is great and is in a great location. Very edgy and reflective of the makeup/hair industry. Thank you everyone at the London Make up school. Xx” –Georgina Dolmans
See more reviews on our Google Plus page.
Share this course
London MakeUp School
London’s most progressive and well established makeup school in the industry.
We run our makeup courses all year round, with no more than 8 students per class. This makes us unique and sets us apart from any other training establishment in the UK.
We provide live models, all makeup and welcome students from all over United States and worldwide.