// Who is this course for?
This ITEC Level 2 Fast Track Makeup Artist Course is a beginners intensive 5 week course for aspiring makeup artists. It includes both theory and practical work. This course provides students with a full qualification in makeup, recognised nationally and internationally.
// What will I learn during this course?
This Fast Track Makeup Artist Course will teach students everything they need to know to become a professional makeup artist. It also includes a professional photoshoot, London MakeUp School professional brush kit, industry discounts and textbooks.
This course is taught by qualified educators who incorporate theory work, special projects, demonstrations and hands-on workshops. Your tutor will guide you through the stages of the course and monitor your personal progress. All necessary equipment, tools and manuals are provided.
You will be assessed in both theory and practical areas throughout this course and during the theory and practical exam. Examinations are held at the school on a quarterly basis, giving you time to gain experience before sitting your exam. All students will practice on live models and the core text books needed for this course are provided.
Students are required to bring in a camera to take photos during this course as part of their portfolio of evidence for assessment purposes. Home study is required. Students must have access to a computer and printer at home for assignment purposes.
This course has a maximum of 6 students per class.
Students who enrol onto this course can apply for a MAC Pro Student Card which entitles them to a 15% discount on MAC products (valid for 6 months), Discount Card at Bobbi Brown (20%) and Discount Card at NARS (25%).
The course content includes the following units:
Application of Makeup
- Health, hygiene, safety, sanitising tools and equipment.
- Preparation of client and products
- Client consultation and recommendations
- Code of practice, ethics, insurance and professional association membership
- Environmental conditions for makeup
- Contraindications and contra-actions
- Building a professional makeup kit
- Professional products, tools and equipment
- Colour theory and the colour wheel
- Facial tone, structure, light, shade, highlighting, contouring, form and sculpting, functions, conditions and characteristics
- Analysis; skin types, structure, functions, condition, pigmentation and colour, texture, imperfections, tone, temperature, elasticity, UV damage, preparation, routine and radiance, face shapes, eye shapes, nose shapes, lip shapes, flaws and blemishes, skin tones, lighting, products
- Use of equipment; brushes, applicators, spatulas, sponges, and palettes
- Use of products; eye makeup remover, cleansing lotions, toners, moisturisers, serums, pre-base products, colour correction, foundations, concealers, face powders, bronzing, shade, highlighters, cheek/blush and colour application, eyebrow proportion definition and grooming, eye shadows, eyeliners, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, lip gloss, lip balm, false eyelashes including strip and individual
- Product mixing confidence
- Blending techniques
- Looks including: Corrective, Day, Evening, Bridal and Special Occasion
- Client aftercare
Health and Safety
- Health, safety and security practices
- Emergency procedures
Client Care and Communication
- Client consultation techniques
- Treatment identification
- Advice and recommendations
Working in the Makeup Industry
- Characteristics, information, services, occupational roles, education, training opportunities
- Marketing, finance, publicity and selling within the makeup industry
// What can I do after this course?
The ITEC (International Therapy Examination Council) Level 2 in Makeup is a UK qualification recognised internationally allowing students to work anywhere in the world.
It is a flexible qualification meaning students can work freelance, on makeup counters, for private clients, on photoshoots, and publications.
This course is also linked with the Complementary Therapists Association (CThA) for insurance purposes and support which allows students to work on clients straight after the course.
// What courses can I progress onto?
Students can complete the Fast Track Makeup Artist Course advance their skills further by either completing individual specialist courses such as the Advanced Professional Makeup Course, the Fashion and Photographic Makeup course, or complete the London MakeUp School Gold Makeup Artist Certificate, Platinum Makeup Artist Certificate and Diamond Makeup Artist Certificate.