// What will I learn during this course?
The key skills learnt in this foundation hair and make-up course will help you establish grounding in the industry and move forward in discovering other areas of makeup artistry and hair styling.
The course content includes:
- Health, hygiene, safety, sanitising tools and equipment
- Preparation of client and products
- Getting started as a makeup artist and the role of the make-up professional
- Building a professional make-up kit
- Understanding basic lighting and basic facial anatomy
- Colour theory, professional products, brushes, tools and equipment
- The art of perfect skin and skincare
- Highlighting and contouring
- Strip and individual lashes
- Looks including; corrective, day, evening and special occasion
- Adapting techniques and colours for different skin tones
- Client aftercare hair product and equipment selection
- Tools and building a professional kit
- Sectioning and preparation
- Hair up – catwalk, fashion, natural and dramatic styles
- Setting the hair – The secrets to long-lasting hold
- Blow drying – Achieving a classic blow dry as well as 3 other styles
- Creating Curls – Includes barrel, loose and tight curls
- GHD’s – Professional use of GHD’s, including 4 different creative styles
- Styles using hair curlers
- Plaiting and Braiding – Incorporating into your hairstyling
- Hair pieces – The use of temporary pieces to enhance show-stopping styles
- Pony tails – The latest trends for fashion, catwalk and photographic pony tails
- French pleat and bee hive
- Retro fashion trends and styling
- Photographic hair styling
- Celebrity looks – Re-create the looks seen on the most popular celebs today
- Fashion editorial – Creating the latest editorial looks and trends
- Small classes to ensure you get that extra attention to detail
- London MakeUp School and London Hair Academy Certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
// What can I do with this Foundation in Hair and Make up?
Graduates from this complete beginners course in hair and make-up can begin working on clients using their London MakeUp School and London Hair Academy certificates. This course focuses on all aspects on beginners hair styling and beginners make-up application for client use.
// The kit included with this Foundation in Hair and Make up course?
// What courses can I progress onto?
Students can develop their skills further and specialise any area of hair and makeup by completing our intermediate or advanced courses such as Bridal Hair Up course, Asian Bridal Hair course or Fashion and Photographic Makeup, Full Theatrical Makeup Course, Glamour Makeup, Vintage/Retro/Period Hair and Makeup, Advanced Professional Makeup or combine further courses within our London MakeUp School Bronze Makeup Artist Certificate, Silver Makeup Artist Certificate and Diamond Makeup Artist Certificate.