// Who is this course for?
We recommend students complete a Beginners Professional Makeup course and a Professional Hair Styling course before completing this course. This course will allow you to expand your skills onto the media makeup industry and become a specialist in this field. With the inclusion of HD cameras this is a must course for anyone wanting to enter the TV and film industry. Students who have trained as a hair stylist and those who have previously trained in basic fashion make-up will find this perfect for extending their capabilities.
// What will I learn during this course?
This course includes:
- Introduction to products and specialist kit
- Health, safety and hygiene in the media industry
- HD makeup – Techniques, capabilities
- Straight / presenter look – Hair and makeup for TV and film
- Male grooming – Hair and makeup for TV and film
- Ageing with latex
- Character ageing
- Script breakdown and character design
- Postiches – Selection, preparation, colouring, application and care
- Laying on hair – Using hair to create temporary effects such as beards, eyebrows or on other areas of the body
- Hair lace wigs – Preparation, application and care
- Character creation
- LMS certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
// What can I do with this course?
The London Makeup School certificate allows students to apply many specialist techniques to cast members for many film, TV and theatre productions.
// What courses can I progress onto?
After this course students can explore other areas of makeup such as Fashion and Photographic Makeup, Special Effects Makeup, Advanced Professional Makeup and Bridal Hair and Makeup