|Course Content:||Practical and theoretical|
|Time:||1 Week (10.00am – 4.30pm)|
|Price:||£1245 (includes VAT)|
|Finance Options:||Flexible monthly instalments|
The specialist area of Media Hair and Makeup is fast becoming one of the most lucrative areas of the industry. Working for Film, TV and Theatre productions can be very exciting, creative and varied, with clients requiring looks from flawless to theatrical.
// Who is this course for?
We recommend students complete our Beginners Professional Makeup course and our Professional Hair Styling course before completing this course. This course will allow you to expand your skills onto the media makeup industry and become a specialist in this field. With the inclusion of HD cameras this is a must course for anyone wanting to enter the TV and film industry. Students who have trained as a hair stylist and those who have previously trained in basic fashion make-up will find this perfect for extending their capabilities.
// What will I learn during this course?
This course includes:
- Introduction to products and specialist kit
- Health, safety and hygiene in the media industry
- HD makeup – Techniques, capabilities
- Straight / presenter look – Hair and makeup for TV and film
- Male grooming – Hair and makeup for TV and film
- Ageing with latex
- Character ageing
- Script breakdown and character design
- Postiches – Selection, preparation, colouring, application and care
- Laying on hair – Using hair to create temporary effects such as beards, eyebrows or on other areas of the body
- Hair lace wigs – Preparation, application and care
- Character creation
- LMS certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
// What can I do with this course?
The London Makeup School certificate allows students to apply many specialist techniques and apply them to cast members for many film, TV and theatre productions.
// What courses can I progress onto?