This course is for complete beginners, hairdressers who wish to extend their skills in hair styling, or makeup artists who wish to add to their current talents.
// What will I learn during this course?
Our experts will guide you through this intensive course which will give you the confidence for fundamental techniques in hairstyling.
The course content includes everything from smoothing to movement to volume to cometary looks with current textures and styling techniques used in today’s fashion industry
This course includes:
- Hair product and equipment selection – Learn how to select the perfect products and equipment for the style you are creating. Our experts will guide you through professional products and their uses.
- Tools and building a professional kit – An in-depth look at the contents of a professional hair and makeup artist’s kit. The basic kit needed at any photo shoot or fashion show.
Sectioning and preparation –
- The fundamental skills needed for hair styling.
- Blow drying – Achieving a classic blow dry and styles, such as smoothing, adding volume and curls
- Creating Curls – Includes barrel, loose and tight curls and the tricks to keep them in place.
- Styles using hair heated equipment– You will be taught how to use tongs to create volume, different sized curls, and learn the industry’s latest trends.
- Plaiting – Learn how to braid– including fishtail plaiting.
- Pony tails – How to create the perfect ponytail
- Contemporary setting and the effects of on and off base techniques
- French pleat and bee hive – You will be taught how to create a classic French pleat and the bee hive style.
- Fashion editorial wet look and creating textures – Creating the latest editorial looks.
- LHA certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
// What can I do with this course?
Students can work as professional session stylists with their London Hair Academy certificate.
// What courses can I progress onto?
If students wish to focus their skills further, we would recommend our Bridal Hair Up course, Asian Bridal Hair course or our Diamond Hair Stylist Package.
15% discount on this Professional Hair Styling course when you book our Fast Track Makeup Artist course (ITEC Level 2 Makeup Certificate) Please call or email us for more information.