// What will I learn during this course?
Our experts will guide you through this intensive course which will give you the confidence for backstage work and photo shoots whilst incorporating the latest trends.
The course content includes everything from simple looks to advanced styling techniques used in today’s fashion industry and high profile publications.
This course includes:
- Hair product and equipment selection – Learn how to select the perfect products and equipment for the style you are creating. Our experts will guide you through professional products and their uses.
- Tools and building a professional kit – An in-depth look at the contents of a professional hair and makeup artist’s kit. The basic kit needed at any photo shoot or fashion show.
- Sectioning and preparation – The fundamental skills needed for hair styling.
- Hair up – Catwalk, fashion, natural and dramatic styles.
- Setting the hair – The secrets to long-lasting hold.
- Blow drying – Achieving a classic blow dry as well as 3 other styles, such as smoothing, adding volume, flicks and waves.
- Creating Curls – Includes barrel, loose and tight curls and the tricks to keep them in place.
- GHD’s – Professional use of GHD’s, including 4 different creative styles.
- Styles using hair curlers – You will be taught how to use tongs to create volume, different sized curls, flicks, and learn the industry’s latest trends.
- Plaiting – Learn how to braid into loose/natural, creative and dramatic catwalk and photo styles – including fishtail plaiting.
- Hair pieces – The use of temporary pieces to enhance show-stopping styles.
- Pony tails – The latest trends for fashion, catwalk and photographic pony tails.
- French pleat and bee hive – You will be taught how to create a classic French pleat and the bee hive style.
- Retro fashion – Fashion is always repeating itself, we show you how to bring styles into this century.
- Photographic hair styling – Learn adaptable looks for the fast-paced photo shoot environment.
- Celebrity looks – Re-create the looks seen on the most popular celebs today.
- Fashion editorial – Creating the latest editorial looks from the most recognised fashion publications.
- LMS certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
// What can I do with this course?
Students can work as professional session stylists with their London Makeup School certificate.
// What courses can I progress onto?
If students wish to focus their skills further, we would recommend our Bridal Hair Up course, Asian Bridal Hair course and Diamond Makeup Artist Certificate.