// Who is this course for?
Our Special Effects Makeup course is suitable for artists at advanced level. We recommend students complete our Beginners Professional Makeup course before enrolling onto this course this course. Students who have trained as hair stylists and those who have previously trained in basic fashion makeup will find this perfect for extending their capabilities and skill set.
// What will I learn during this course?
Tutors incorporate theory, demonstration and practical sessions to ensure students receive the highest and most thorough standard of training during this course.
This course includes:
- Introduction to products & specialist kit
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Research techniques
- Skin diseases – Theory and reproduction
- Burns – Reproduction
- Dirtying down – Tramp looks including teeth
- Casualty techniques
- Eye swelling and bruising
- Cuts, scars and burns
- Impalements, puncture wounds
- Using latex, Artex, sculpt gel, wax and grease paints
- Making bald caps
- Bald cap application
- Basic prosthetics
- Character creation – Creating a range of characters to include all techniques from the SFX course
- LMS certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
// What can I do with this course?
Students will be able to work in the Theatre, Film, TV and Media industry using their London Makeup School certificate.
// What courses can I progress onto?
Students can expand their skills further by completing our Media Hair and Makeup course, or explore other areas of hair and makeup such as our Professional Hair Styling course, Beginners Hair Cutting course, Fashion and Photographic Makeup course, or Glamour Makeup course.